Register for Be My Neighbor Day to attend this fun, family-friendly event for parents and children ages 3-8! Be My Neighbor Day, held August 13 from 11am – 2pm in the Library’s Eastman Reading Garden, is all about being a caring neighbor and supporting the families in our neighborhood. Meet Daniel Tiger and his friends, pose for a photo, and enjoy fun activities for kids and families, including:
- The PNC Grow Up Great Mobile Learning Adventure, a traveling exhibit, will provide an opportunity to learn about the importance of early childhood education while engaging in fun activities.
- Cleveland Metroparks Eco Explorers, a mobile outreach vehicle powered by PNC, will provide free environmental educational programs about neighborhood animals and their habitats.
- PRE4CLE and Starting Point will offer information on registering children in high-quality preschool.
- Kids Helping Kids will provide on-the-spot volunteer opportunities for kids, including creating thank you notes for neighborhood police and firefighters and assembling Daniel Tiger literacy kits for pediatric patients at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- Meet Daniel Tiger and Katerina Kittycat, and take a photo with Clifford the Big Red Dog!
In addition to these opportunities and activities, parent resources from other family-friendly community organizations, free books, free refreshments, and neighborhood trolley rides* will be provided. Plus, you can enter a raffle for your chance to win a prize.
The event is free, but please register for Be My Neighbor Day in advance. Please register online at . Sponsors include Cleveland Public Library, ideastream, PNC Grow Up Great, PRE4CLE, Starting Point and Fred Rogers Productions.
*Free trolley rides will be available as transportation to the event from five Cleveland Public Library branches. Limited seats are available. Reserve your ride when you register to attend the event!
Monday, August 13
11am – 2pm
Main Library, Eastman Reading Garden