The Cleveland Public Library has the ability for you to print to any of the Library’s Multi-Function Devices from your own laptop or personal computer. Printed documents can be released from any location in the CPL system using your library card.
All you need to begin printing is to download and install a print application, and provide your library or print account information.
Printing to the Library’s Multi-Function Devices FAQ
How do I install the print application?
- Step 1: Visit http://www.cpl.org/print
- Step 2: Click Print Now.
- Step 3: Complete the registration information or use your existing login if you already have one. a. Please save the password you choose for this step. You will need it again to print.
- Step 4: Click Add Library Card and add your library card and password.
- a. The library card password is the same as your library account password. If you do not know your password, contact the library at 216.623.2800 to find out how to reset your password. Or you can use our “forgot my password” tool to have your password e-mailed to you.
- Step 5: Click Download Drivers from the left-side menu.
- Step 6: Choose the appropriate download for your computer. Download and run the file to install the printing drivers.
How do I print from my laptop or personal computer?
- Step 1: Once the document or website you would like to print is open, chose to print as you would normally.
- a. For most programs, this is File->Print or CTRL+P
- Step 2: Choose the Cleveland Public Library printer.
- Step 3: Enter the email address and password you used to sign up for remote printing, and click Log In.
- a. This may be different from your library account password.
- Step 4: Choose United States->Ohio->Cleveland->Cleveland Public Library and click Select.
- Step 5: Choose the Black & White or Color printer as desired.
- Step 6: Specify the number of copies.
- Step 7: Click Print.
- Step 8: Proceed to a Cleveland Public Library MFD to release your print job.
It says my ID is not valid or not in the release manager! What does this mean?
This usually means your library card or library account password is wrong. To update your library card and library account password, do the following:
- Step 1: Click the Update Account tab, and reenter your library card number and library account password, then click Update my card.
- a. If you do not know your password, contact the library at 216.623.2800 to find out how to reset your password. Or you can use our “forgot my password” tool to have your password e-mailed to you.
- Step 2: Click the Print tab and retry print, beginning at step 5 above.
How long do I have to pick up my prints?
Your prints will remain in the queue for two hours. Proceed to any Cleveland Public Library location to release your prints from the queue.
I don’t know my PIN/Password, what can I do?
If you do not know your password, contact the library at 216.623.2800 to find out how to reset your password. Or you can use our “forgot my password” tool to have your password e-mailed to you.
Click here if you have forgotten your printing application password (used only for the laptop and home printing application).