3463 East 93rd Street
Cleveland, OH 44104
Manager: Marcie Williams
Union Branch offers free wifi and public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee. The branch has a meeting room with a capacity of 50; please contact the branch for reservation information.
History & Architecture
Library services were first offered in this neighborhood at the Union Avenue Community Station’s storefront on Union Avenue in 1930. In 1938, Cleveland Public Library officially made Union a branch library, and the location primarily served children. A year later, the branch moved to another building located at 9319 Union Avenue.
Cleveland Public Library unveiled a new building for Union in 1982. The architects considered the aesthetic and residential tradition of the neighborhood in the design. The two entrances feature cupolas echoing church architecture, which admit patrons into the 9,100-square-foot facility.
- As an Adaptive Technology Station, Union Branch serves visually and physically impaired patrons.
- Notable art at this branch includes: Cloud, Wind, Sea by Andrea Hahn, 1982 (acrylic art on canvas); Heart Plains by Jeff Fauser, 1982 (painting on aluminum plate); and Snow Fence by Gene Kangas (painted steel sculpture).
- Children and community volunteers work in the Summer Sprout Garden Project on the southern grounds of the Union Branch.