It’s Tuesday Storytime with WKYC! Today, Maureen Kyle is reading The Neighbors and How to Read a Story. Pull up a spot on the carpet as we read to your little one!
It’s story time once again! This morning Maureen Kyle has two great books from the Cleveland Public Library – The Neighbors and How to Read a Story. Join us as we expand our little libraries!Posted by WKYC Channel 3 – Cleveland on Tuesday, May 12, 2020
The Neighbors by Einat Tsarfati
As a young girl climbs the seven stories to her own (very boring!) apartment, she imagines what’s behind each of the doors she passes. Does the door with all the locks belong to a family of thieves? Might the doorway with muddy footprints conceal a pet tiger? Each spread reveals-in lush detail-the wilds of the girl’s imagination, from a high-flying circus to an underwater world and everything in between. When the girl finally reaches her own apartment, she is greeted by her parents, who might have a secret even wilder than anything she could have imagined!
How to Read a Story by Kate Messner
Step One: Find a story. (A good one.)
Step Two: Find a reading buddy. (Someone nice.)
Step Three: Find a reading spot. (Couches are cozy.)
Accomplished storytellers Kate Messner and Mark Siegel chronicle the process of becoming a reader: from pulling a book off the shelf and finding someone with whom to share a story, to reading aloud, predicting what will happen, and–finally–coming to The End. This picture book playfully and movingly illustrates the idea that the reader who discovers the love of reading finds, at the end, the beginning.
More Storytimes with Maureen
- Storytime: Bear’s Loose Tooth and Good-bye Winter, Hello Spring read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle
- Storytime: The Neighbors and How to Read a Story Read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle
- Storytime: Hooray for Today and You Can Read read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle
- Storytime: The Sad Little Fact and Hat On Hat Off read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle
- Storytime: Little Blue Truck and Looking for a Moose read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle
- Storytime: My Dog Laughs and The Snowy Day read by WKYC’s Maureen Kyle