The Kamm’s Corners neighborhood, located on the westernmost side of Cleveland, is bordered by the city of Lakewood to the north, Jefferson neighborhood to the east, and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to the south. Kamm’s Corner is named after Rockport Township postmaster Oswald Kamm. Kamm’s Corner is in West Park, a former Cleveland suburb that was annexed to the city in 1923. West Park included land west of West 117th Street and south of Lakewood, including the Jefferson, Kamm’s, Bellaire-Puritas, and Hopkins neighborhoods. Before that, the land was part of Rockport township, an expansive township that included westside Cleveland neighborhoods, Lakewood, Rocky River, and Fairview Park.
Need additional assistance? For more information, please contact our Center for Local and Global History
From Rockport to West Park
For more information about neighborhood maps, please contact the Map Collection.
Subdivision for the Acre Land Co. O.L. 10 Rockport Twp.
Call number: qG4084.C5:2 R6G46 1914.W7X
L.M. Southern’s sub-division into 5 acre lots
Call number: qG4084.C5:2 R6G46 188-
Microfilm resources may include newspaper clippings, city reports, and other historical documents. Depending on the scope of the work, these items may be available in several departments, including History, the Microform Center, or Public Administration Library.
Center for Local and Global History:
Newspaper Clipping File-Neighborhoods-Kamm’s Corners
Newspaper Clipping File-Neighborhoods-West Park
For more information about the neighborhood photos, please contact the Photograph Collection.
The Photograph Collection has 1.3 million items, including a large collection of historical images for Cleveland and northeast Ohio. A small portion of them are available in our digital collection.
For specific photo requests, please think about important streets, intersections, institutions like schools, businesses, churches, and other important landmarks. This will help aid in our research.
For more information about yearbooks at the library, please contact the Social Sciences Department.