The Corlett neighborhood is located on Cleveland’s southeast side, bordered by Union-Miles to the West, Mt. Pleasant to the north, and Garfield Heights to the south. In 2014, Corlett was absorbed into the larger Union-Miles Statistical Planning Area (SPA). Once a part of Newburgh Township and Warrensville Township, Corlett was named after Harriet Corlett, a Manx immigrant and Cleveland Public Schools principal.
Need additional assistance? For more information, please contact our Center for Local and Global History
Phone: 216-623-2864 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surrogate suburbs: black upward mobility and neighborhood change in Cleveland, 1900-1980
For more information about neighborhood maps, please contact the Map Collection.
Corlett community existing land use 1964
Call number: G4084.C5:2C65G4 1963.C5x
For more information about the neighborhood photos, please contact the Photograph Collection.
The Photograph Collection has 1.3 million items, including a large collection of historical images for Cleveland and northeast Ohio. A small portion of them are available in our digital collection.
For specific photo requests, please think about important streets, intersections, institutions like schools, businesses, churches, and other important landmarks. This will help aid in our research.
School Periodicals & Yearbooks
For more information about yearbooks at the library, please contact the Social Sciences Department.