The Cleveland Public Library is recruiting for a Chief Innovation and Technology Officer who will have responsibility to define, develop and execute an end-to end strategic roadmap for the Library’s use of technology.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Liaise with community partners to identify key areas where CPL can help bridge the digital divide and work to bring those ideas to fruition.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity as it relates to CPLs use of technology to deliver against its overall vision.
- Identify, acquire, deploy, and maintain technology that supports the efficient and effective operations of all staff and meets the needs of the library customers.
- Assume a leadership role in CLEVNET to ensure the cost-effective delivery of relevant services to customers and member libraries.
- Develop and maintain a core support team that has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assigned tasks.
Highly qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science, Technology Management, Information Architecture, Informatics, Data or a related field. Candidates should have a minimum of ten (10) years of proven management experience applying effective management practices and principles including budget development, human resources management, purchasing and expenditure control, and project management related to IT operations.
Experience in public libraries, public service, or NGO’s is preferable. Any combination of education and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
Cleveland Public Library will offer an attractive and competitive salary, ranging from $130,000 – $140,000, commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Learn more about Cleveland, the Library, the position, and how to apply by consulting the recruitment brochure.
Applications received by July 11, 2021 will receive first consideration, but the position is open until filled.