Monday – Saturday: 10am – 6pm
Aptly named, West Park is the westernmost branch in Cleveland Public Library’s system. The branch has three meeting rooms; the largest two rooms can accommodate up to 75 people total. Please contact the branch for more information about reserving the meeting rooms. West Park offers free wifi and 19 public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee. Parking is free.
History & Architecture
Completed in 1928, West Park is one of many Cleveland Public Library branches created by the architecture firm Walker & Weeks. This branch’s architectural style is a modified English Tudor. The branch is constructed of red brick with stone trim with a beautiful slate roof. One of the features of the building was the leaded glass bays. At 14,400 square feet, West Park is one of the largest Cleveland Public Library branches.
- West Park now features a drop-in Virtual Reality experience area. Ask a staff member to be guided through this experience.
- The branch offers a diverse CD collection and a large collection of mystery fiction, which is popular among patrons.
- West Park offers the Kids Café lunch program from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. during the school year. This partnership with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank provides free meals to youth.
- A courtyard is available for reading and relaxing.
- West Park’s children’s area is contained in its own spacious room and is filled with seasonal books, award winners, and themed book bundles.
- This branch is proud to employ Philip Creter, winner of Cleveland Public Library’s 2017 Cornerstone Award, which recognizes an employee whose dedication builds a strong foundation for the Library’s mission and vision.