Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Located in the Buckeye-Larchmere neighborhood near Shaker Square, Rice Branch is surrounded by an active arts community. Rice offers free wifi and public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee. The library’s meeting rooms are often used for art displays and musical performances. Parking is free.
History & Architecture
Rice Branch was first established as a school library at Harvey Rice School and then a storefront on Buckeye Road. After becoming a library branch in 1927, a new building was constructed on East 116th Street. The current branch on Shaker Boulevard was built in 2010.
Inside, high ceilings and wood beams evoke sophistication and warmth. Outside, red brick pays homage to the original branch design while a curtain of tall glass reflects the images of the neighborhood.
- The Learning Center at Rice Branch seats approximately 18 people in an environment ideal for educating. This space is equipped with a laptop, projector, and an interactive SmartBoard and can be reserved for open group meetings and small gatherings.
- The Learning Center offers Cleveland Metropolitan School District textbooks and a strong collection of educational books for the GED and TABE. Rice also has a large audio/video collection and a wide selection of popular magazines.
- Through a partnership with Neighbor Up, Rice Branch hosts a monthly Network Night for the greater Buckeye community every third Wednesday.
- Free yoga, Qigong, meditation, and knitting classes are held at Rice. Please contact the branch for additional information.
- Rice features a well-balanced collection for all ages, included a growing and dedicated teen/YA collection.
Writers Unplugged: Dameyonna WillisRice Thursday, October 05 | 3 pm
In support of ClevelandREADS, the Writers Unplugged series is a chance to hear your favorite writers or new to you writers in conversation, as if you were eavesdropping on them in a coffee shop.
Dameyonna will be talking about her children's book, Where's My Crown?
Registration is suggested. Register and view a full list of events at clevelandreads.com/unplugged.
Halloween Movie NightRice Tuesday, October 17 | 2 pm
Enjoy some kid-friendly Halloween movies for some spooky fun!
Halloween Mini BashRice Tuesday, October 24 | 2 pm
Mingle with friends, enjoy some spooky music, decorate treat bags, and color to celebrate the season.