16918 Harvard Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44128
The Harvard-Lee Branch is conveniently located in the shopping plaza at the intersection of Harvard Avenue and Lee Road. While the library itself has limited parking, the adjacent plaza parking lot is free and available to patrons. Harvard-Lee offers free wifi and 24 public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee. A meeting room, which may be reserved in advance, seats up to 50 people.
History & Architecture
The first Harvard-Lee Branch opened in 1953 as a station in a leased space. The second location was in a newly built leased space in a shopping center. After Cleveland voters approved the 1975 operating levy, Harvard-Lee was one of eleven branch construction and remodeling projects initiated by the Library.
The current Harvard-Lee Branch was dedicated in 1979. Clerestory windows maximize the interior wall space for shelving arrangements. Entry from Harvard Avenue provides direct access to the meeting room for community programs. Renovations in 2002 enclosed an outside courtyard to create a computer room. Recently, the branch has received a furniture upgrade, new paint, and new carpet.
The Harvard-Lee Branch offers special annual programs, including a special Mother’s Day brunch, a college fair, a turkey dinner giveaway in collaboration with the London Bridge Foundation, and Patron Appreciation Day.