Glenville Branch will be temporarily closed from Feb. 5 – Apr. 7 for renovations. For more information and to locate your closest available branch, please visit CLEforgood.cpl.org/Communities.
11900 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44108
Manager: Sharon Jefferson
The Glenville Branch is located in the heart of the Glenville community. Glenville offers free wifi and public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee.
History & Architecture
The first site for Glenville Branch opened in 1909 as a sub-branch in the Village of Glenville’s old town hall. A new facility was built in 1927 to replace the town hall and was one of many branch library designs supplied by Cleveland architecture firm Walker & Weeks.
Today’s Glenville Branch was planned in 1978 as a new building that combined the Glenville and Arlington branch libraries. Architect T.K. Zung, a native of Shanghai, China, designed the branch. Mr. Zung also designed the Intramural Sports Center for Cleveland State University, an elongated geodesic dome. Glenville Branch was built of brick with terracotta and features a paved terrace surrounded by terracotta balustrade. These elements show the influence of the architecture of Northern Italy.
- Glenville Branch staff members work in conjunction with neighborhood churches, community organizations and schools.
- This branch serves as a communication link for the Councilman and the citizens of Ward 9.
- Art at this location includes an untitled tonal brass sculpture by Harry Bertoia, brass, 1979; and Black Family of Man, Alan Purcell, wood, 1979.