7224 Broadway Avenue
Manager: Magnolia Peters
Monday – Saturday: 10am – 6pm
The Fleet Branch is located in Slavic Village. Fleet offers free wifi, public computers with Internet access, and a cell phone charging station. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee. As a “mini TechCentral” in the Library’s Distrct 4 service area, Fleet also has a 3D printer.
History & Architecture
Fleet’s history is long and storied. Library service began with the Fullerton School Branch, which became the Fleet House Community Station in 1928. Materials moved to a leased location at 6522 Fleet Avenue in 1930, and services earned branch designation in 1931. In 1941, the branch leased a new building further down Fleet Avenue.
A new branch was built at 7224 Broadway in 1981. Over its 8,900 square feet perches a stainless steel terne-coated roof chosen to reflect Cleveland’s industrial heritage. The shiny metal was intended to mellow to a subtle pewter tone over time. The interior used russet color brick, oak wood and clerestory windows to combine warm tones with natural light. As of November 2012, Cleveland Public Library’s Broadway Branch merged with this branch, connecting two service areas to provide services and programming out of Fleet.
- Fleet offers TechCentral classes every other month.
- Ohio Means Jobs employment specialists are available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- GED classes offered through Tri-C Aspire are held Mondays-Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The metal mural located behind the circulation desk was installed when the new Fleet Branch was opened in 1981. It is untitled and was created by artist Clarence E. Van Duzer. Fleet is also the home of The Cleveland Flats by Jerry Arnold, oil and spray paint on canvas.
Fleet has a Team STEAM program that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math for children grades K-3rd.
Fleet Branch is a partner in the Little Free Library #SlavicVillageReads initiative with WKYC-TV, Third Federal Savings and Loan, Slavic Village Development, and other community partners.