This branch is temporarily closed
Brooklyn Branch is closed for renovations. Please visit CoUrbanize for more information about this branch’s renovations.
3706 Pearl Road
Cleveland, OH 44109
Manager: Ron Roberts
The Brooklyn Branch offers free wifi and public computers with Internet access. Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing services are available for a fee.
History & Architecture
The Brooklyn Branch, a Carnegie library building, has been in continuous use since 1919. Located in the historic Brooklyn Centre neighborhood and across from Riverside Cemetery, Brooklyn’s 5,900-square-foot facility is open to a culturally and ethnically diverse community.
As a supervising architect and building inspector for Cleveland Public Library, renowned architect and artist Ora Coltman drew plans and supervised the construction of three libraries, including Brooklyn Branch. This branch library is an example of a convertible-type building: it is constructed of plain brick, it is semi-fireproof, and it features factory-type sky lights. These features would allow the building to be leased for light industrial use in the event it was no longer used as a library branch. The facility was remodeled in 1985.
Notable pieces in Brooklyn’s art collection include: Thistle by Thelma Frazier Winter, enamel on copper, 1966; and Neighborhood by Clarence E. Van Duzer, metal wall sculpture, 1985.
No events currently scheduled at this location.