Highlights of the collection

  • Cheryl

  • Charles Edward Bostwick Papers

    Charles Edward Bostwick (1815-1877) was an Ohio farmer, mason, builder, and proprietor of a manufacturing and tin shop, who supported the antislavery campaign and colonization movement. The collection consists of a journal, photographer’s formula book,…

  • The Cleveland Orchestra Scrapbook Vol. 206

    The Cleveland Orchestra Archives Scrapbook Collection contains over 100 years of News and Reviews documenting the Orchestra’s founding, concert activity, and tours. Included are the building of Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center. The collection…

  • David Gerber Papers

    Hardbound copy in two parts of David Gerber’s January 1971 dissertation prepared for Princeton University, titled “Ohio and the Color Line: Racial Discrimination and Negro Responses in a Northern State, 1860-1915.” The library also holds…

  • East Mount Zion Church Historical Collections

    For generations, East Mount Zion has served as an African-American community anchor and source of spiritual enrichment. It was the first African-American Congregation to hold religious services on Euclid Avenue, representing a foothold for African…

  • Curtis F. Jefferson

    Curtis F. Jefferson, Class of 1978. Dr. Jefferson was awarded a Ph.D. in Mathematics. He served as Vice President for Institutional Development at Cuyahoga Community College and served on numerous boards and committees.

  • James Horton Papers

    James Horton (b. 1934) was the business representative for the Building Service and Maintenance Union, Local 47, Cleveland, Ohio. He helped the union organize workers in several Cleveland hospitals and nursing homes. The collection consists…

  • Letter from Francis E. Young to W.E.B. Du Bois

    Francis E. Young, founder and current President of the NAACP Cleveland Branch writes his support of Du Bois and requests an editorial statement to be used at a Branch meeting concerning a recent conference of…

Popular Item Types

Supported by:

The George Gund Foundation
Western Reserve Historical Society