This summer, community members who patronize twelve branch libraries in the Cleveland Public Library system will be invited to share their ideas, input, and vision surrounding the future of these neighborhood libraries. Check the schedule below to see when and where the Library is gathering community feedback related to the Addison, Collinwood, Fulton, Garden Valley, Glenville, Harvard-Lee, Jefferson, Langston Hughes, Lorain, Memorial-Nottingham, Rice, and Rockport branches.
The discussions will consider branch improvements and will allow community members to share their ideas, views, opinions, and concerns with staff and others. Patrons may drop in at any time during their branch’s community open house hours. The schedule is as follows:
- Jefferson Branch: Monday, Aug. 20 from 4-7pm.
- Memorial-Nottingham Branch: Monday, Aug. 20 from 4-7pm.
- Collinwood Branch: Tuesday, Aug. 21 from 4-7pm.
- Fulton Branch: Tuesday, Aug. 21 from 4-7pm.
- Langston Hughes Branch: Monday, Aug. 27 from 4-7pm.
- Rockport Branch: Monday, August 27 from 4-7pm.
- Lorain Branch: Tuesday, Aug. 28 from 4-7pm.
- Garden Valley Branch: Thursday, Aug. 30 from 4-7pm.
- Glenville Branch: Thursday, Aug. 30 from 4-7pm.
- Harvard-Lee Branch: Thursday, Aug. 30 from 4-7pm.
- Rice Branch: Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 4-7pm.
- Addison Branch: Thursday, Sept. 6 from 4-7pm.
Cleveland Public Library is hosting these community open houses in partnership with Kent State University’s Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative and as part of the CPL Facilities Master Planning work by Bialosky+Partners Architects.
To learn more about the Library’s plans to revitalize many of its branch libraries, please read Setting the Stage for Cleveland Public Library’s Next 150 Years.