The Walz Branch of Cleveland Public Library is preparing for the future. The popular branch in the Detroit-Shoreway neighborhood will close in phases to get ready for the construction of a new building:
- Week of February 21: final week of in-person services
- Week of February 28: open for walk-up service only
- Monday, March 7: closed to the public
Patrons are encouraged to visit the Walz Branch before Saturday, February 26 to bid farewell to the old building. Visitors will be able to take photos, write goodbye messages, and shop our book sale.
- History of Walz display and photo slideshow monitor with historical photos from Archives
- Selfie frames and a photo wall
- Special Walz Craft
- Sign farewell message to branch and community
- Raffles and CPL giveaway
- Shop our Foundation Book Sale
- Say “see you soon” (but not good-bye!) to your favorite library staff
The closure allows for the reimagination of the Walz Branch led by Robert P. Madison International, Inc. and Bialosky Cleveland. Project highlights include new reading areas, an expanded children’s space, more community rooms, book lockers for 24/7 access to materials, and improved technology.
For project updates, visit our coUrbanize project site.