Urban League of Cleveland Records 

The Urban League of Cleveland was organized in 1917, in Cleveland, Ohio, as the Negro Welfare Association of Cleveland. It joined the National Urban League in 1930 and changed its name to the Urban League of Cleveland in 1940. Its purpose is interracial planning to help the community devise solutions to social and economic problems. The collection consists of minutes, reports, correspondence, speeches, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, brochures, financial and membership records, and files of Director Ernest Cooper and Deputy-Director Anita Polk.

Details