Greater Avery African Methodist Episcopal Church Photographs 

Greater Avery African Methodist Episcopal Church was founded by Reverend James J. Price on April 21, 1918 in Cleveland, Ohio. As the membership of the church grew, Reverend Price lead the church to purchase property at 2363 East 28th Street in 1920. In 1953, Greater Avery purchased the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Bethlehem Church on Wade Park Avenue. The collection consists of approximately 150 color and black and white photographs depicting church buildings, church members, and church events.

Details