East End Neighborhood House Records

East End Neighborhood House was founded in the Cleveland, Ohio, in 1907 by Hedwig Kosbob, as a sewing school in the predominantly Hungarian and Slovak neighborhood of Buckeye-Woodland. It was incorporated in 1910. By 1914 it began cultural and recreational programs, and by the Great Depression it grew into a full service community center, adding such services as day care nurseries, Americanization classes, and aid to Japanese Americans relocated to Cleveland during World War II. The collection consists of organizational proceedings, membership records, correspondence, program reports, group worker reports, announcements, scrapbooks, and printed materials.

Details