East End Neighborhood House Photographs

The East End Neighborhood House was Founded in 1907, by Hedwig Kosbob, as a sewing school in a predominantly Hungarian and Slovak neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio. It was incorporated in 1910. By 1914 it began cultural and recreational programs, and by the Depression it grew into a full service community center, adding such services as day care nurseries, Americanization classes, and aid to Japanese Americans relocated to Cleveland during World War II. The collection consists of unmounted photographs of activities at and facilities of East End Neighborhood House, Cleveland, Ohio. Included are views of facilities, window displays, children, classes, groups at the Woodland Hills Housing Project, parties, polio inoculations, senior groups, sports, carnivals, nursery school scenes, and Camp Mather. Includes negatives, ca. 1950-1960, of groups and activities.

Details