East End Neighborhood House Photographs, Series II

East End Neighborhood House was founded in 1907 by Hedwig Kosbob, as a sewing school in a predominantly Hungarian and Slovak neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio. It was incorporated in 1910. By 1914 it began cultural and recreational programs, and by the Great Depression it grew into a full service community center, adding such services as day care nurseries, Americanization classes, and aid to Japanese Americans relocated to Cleveland during World War II. The collection consists of one scrapbook containing photographs and newspaper clippings pertaining to the East End Neighborhood House of Cleveland, Ohio.

Details