Cleveland Women’s City Club Foundation Records

The Cleveland Women’s City Club Foundation was established in 1948 by the Women’s City Club of Cleveland, Ohio. It supported projects related to women, education, public affairs and effective government, civic beautification and restoration, health and social service initiatives, and the arts and culture of the community. In 1961 it established the Cleveland Arts Prize to recognize local talent, and in the 1990s it become involved in the Betty Ott Garden for the Blind at the City Greenhouse. The collection consists of account passbooks, agendas, articles of incorporation, brochures, budgets, by-laws, catalogs, certificates, correspondence, financial statements, invitations, leases, legal documents, maps, meeting notices, memoranda, minutes, newspaper and magazine clippings, photographs and negatives, press releases, proclamations, proposals, publications, questionnaires, reports, rosters, and wills.

Details