What’s happening with my holds?
The ability for patrons to place holds online is not available while the library is closed. However, we are automatically extending the hold pickup date for items available on the hold shelf so that items will be available when the library reopens. Use the “My List” feature in the online catalog to keep track of the titles they’d like to read.
- Digital resources have been expanded during this closure.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize our digital and streaming services during this time.
- View your account on your mobile device with the CLEVNET app for Apple and Android platforms.
When do I return the materials I checked out?
Patrons with checked-out materials should keep them until further notice. Please do not return them to a branch or library location. We are automatically extending due dates for patrons to prevent fines or overdues.
What Should I do if my Library card expires soon?
For cards that expired after September 1, 2019, we are automatically extending the expiration dates for an additional year so all patrons can continue to access remote resources and digital materials.
What can I do if I don’t have a Library card?
If you don’t have a Cleveland Public Library card, OverDrive makes it easy to get started with borrowing on their platform by using your mobile number.
- You do not need an email address for this option.
- Users must be 13 years old or older.
- You do have to live within the city of Cleveland for this option.
- You will receive confirmation through your cell phone and be able to use your card immediately. However, only resources from OverDrive will be available until we can process your card into the library’s database.