Cleveland Public Library hosts the greatest show-and-tell on Earth at the Great Lakes Science Center and throughout the Library system. Dream and do at the 9th annual Maker Faire Cleveland. Starting Monday, November 15, Cleveland Public Library will host FREE family-friendly events at the Great Lakes Science Center and throughout the Library system. All activities will lead up to the Maker Faire Cleveland showcase featuring science fiction author Nnedi Okorafor on Saturday, November 20 at the Great Lakes Science Center from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Maker Faire celebrates innovation and provides hands-on, interactive fun of all ages. From engineers to artists to scientists and crafters, “Makers” will show off their gadgets and mind-blowing inventions. “Maker Faire Cleveland is the greatest show-and-tell on Earth and will bring together some of Cleveland’s most creative inventors and thinkers. We invite everyone to attend this event and find inspiration,” remarks Charles Byrd, Director of Education at Cleveland Public Library.
The event at Great Lakes Science Center will feature hands-on demonstrations and exhibits by Cleveland Makers, a gaming zone, the NASA Glenn Visitor Center, STEM projects, and Cleveland Public Library’s TechCentral. There’s also something for movie watchers and readers. Maker Faire attendees can enjoy a FREE IMAX movie, Journey to Space, in the Dome Theater. Book lovers can participate in a virtual author talk with Nigerian-American fantasy and science fiction author of the Binti novella trilogy Nnedi Okorafor at 7 p.m. in the Reinberger Auditorium at the Great Lakes Science Center.
Don’t miss out! Reserve a FREE pass to Maker Faire Cleveland TODAY. Parking at the Great Lakes Science Center is also FREE for eventgoers.
Can’t make it to the Great Lakes Science Center? No problem! Visit one of our neighborhood branches or Main Library to experience Maker workshops, hands-on projects, and exciting activities such as knitting, robots, origami, and more. For a complete list of all Maker Faire activities at Cleveland Public Library, visit cpl.org.
CREATE & MAKE @ CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY
Monday, November 15 – Saturday, November 20
All Branches | All day | Take-and-Make Kits* & Cricut® Crafts
Monday, November 15 – Friday, November 19
- Rockport Branch | 4:30pm | Visit the Best Buy Teen Tech Center for a new activity each day: Origami • Button Making • Cricut® Crafts • Robots • Glowforge
Monday, November 15
- Addison Branch | All day | Take-and-Make Kumihimo Keychain*
- South Branch | 3pm | Battle of the Bristle Bots
Tuesday, November 16
- Eastman Branch | All day | Take-and-Make Bath Bomb*
- Mt. Pleasant Branch | All day | Robots Obstacle Course with mBlocks
- Rice Branch | 2pm| Maker Mania: Building Blocks
- South Branch | All day | Make Your Own Button
- Walz Branch | All day | Zine Making 101
Wednesday, November 17
- Digital Public Library, 3rd floor | 2 – 4pm | Papermaking
- Literature Department, 2nd floor | All day | Ohio Center for the Book: Write On!
- Science & Technology, LSW 3rd floor | All day | Knit, Crochet, & Paper Crafts
- Science & Technology, LSW 3rd floor | 11am, 1pm, 3pm | Patent, Trademark & Copyright
- TechCentral, LSW Lower Level | 12 – 4pm | Mindstorm Robots
- Youth Services, 4th floor | 3pm | Make Your Own Button
- South Branch | 3pm | Musical Instrument Petting Zoo
Thursday, November 18
- Eastman Branch | 4pm | Light Up Holiday Cards
- Harvard-Lee Branch | All day | Take-and-Make a Board Game*
- South Branch | 3pm | Laser Cut a Wooden Bookmark
- Walz Branch | 4pm | Flip Books
Friday, November 19
- South Branch | 3pm | Craft Café
- South Brooklyn Branch | 3pm | Origami
- Walz Branch | All day | Make a Vinyl Record Clock
Saturday, November 20
- Fulton Branch | All day | Robot Races
- South Branch | 1pm | Book Making
*Take-and-Make kits are available while supplies last.