On Saturday, July 17 at 10:30 a.m., Cleveland Public Library will celebrate the start of a revitalization effort at the historic West Park Branch. Library leadership will break ground on the West Park Branch – the fourth neighborhood library project to get underway in two months.
Renovation and expansion highlights include the following:
- Removing the dropped ceiling that was added in the 1970s
- Restoring the original vaulted ceiling and dormers to flood the interior with natural light
- Reopening the original West 157th Street entrance to offer better pedestrian access
- Improved access to the building’s lower level
- Flexible spaces with additional meeting rooms, an improved children’s area, modern amenities, and more
The West Park Branch project is part of the Library’s plan to build or renovate every neighborhood branch over the next decade. For updates on the construction projects, visit courbanize.com/collections/cpl.