Cleveland Public Library will honor Hispanic Americans’ rich history, culture, and contributions during Hispanic Heritage Month. Events include:
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration: Enjoy the sights, sounds, and traditions of Cleveland’s Hispanic heritage, including live music, dance performances, and LatinX cuisine at the South Branch on Friday, September 16 at 6 p.m.
- ¡Baila Conmigo!: Feel the rhythm of the LatinX culture every Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m. during Hispanic Heritage Month. The 5-week music and dance program will be held at Memorial-Nottingham Branch.
- Traditional Dancing: Salsa over to the Fulton Branch on Tuesday, September 20 at 4 p.m. to enjoy a live Cumbia dance performance.
- Around the World: Starting Thursday, September 22, travel to LatinX countries without leaving home. The Collinwood Branch will host this weekly program about Hispanic history with games and crafts.
- No Ceiling LatinX edition: Party with a purpose in the Eastman Reading Garden downtown on Friday, September 30 at 5:30 p.m. Enjoy fun, food, and fellowship while discussing issues concerning the Hispanic community.
- ¡Buscar la Bandera! Find the Flag! Join us for a Hispanic Heritage Month themed scavenger hunt on Thursday, September 15 at Main Library. Practice identifying the flags of various Hispanic Heritage countries, find them, and receive a prize.
- Craft Corner: Families can create Luchador Masks, Hojalata Art, Paper Fiesta Flowers, and more at select neighborhood branches.
Visit cpl.org for program times and registration information.