Saint John’s African Methodist Episcopal Church Photographs 

Saint John’s African Methodist Episcopal Church was the first African-Americanchurch established in Cleveland, Ohio. Chartered by the African Methodist Episcopal Society in 1836, services were first held in members’ homes. The first church building was dedicated in 1850. In 1908, after several moves to various church buildings in the nineteenth century, the congregation erected a new church building at East…