Cleveland Herald and Gazette

The Cleveland Herald and Gazette was first published on 19 Oct. 1819. It was the city’s second newspaper and, after the death of the Register in 1820, its only newspaper for the next 7 years. It was founded by Eber D. Howe, who personally delivered the weekly to subscribers in a 2-day circuit on horseback to Painesville and back, and…