Your valid library card entitles you to:
- Charge out and place holds on materials from any Cleveland Public Library or CLEVNET library.
- Access electronic content including eMedia, databases and other digital materials.
- Computer access at the Library.
- Access to the Cleveland Digital Public Library and TechCentral makerspaces.
- Much more!
Protect your card
- Protect your card as you would a credit card. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card.
- If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately.
Your library account
- Keep your information current. Let us know when your address, phone number or email changes so you will receive notifications on time.
- To update your address, bring a valid, government-issued photo identification to any CPL location, along with proof of current address (if not already on ID).
- You can update your email and phone number online.
Access your account online
- Access your account through the My Account link at https://search.clevnet.org.
- Your password is either the last four digits of your phone number or the month and day (MMDD) of your birth unless you specified a different password.
- Passwords can contain letters and numbers and can be changed on the Personal Information tab of your online account.
Your online account allows you to:
- View and renew materials that you have checked out.
- Place, view or modify holds.
- View and pay fines.
- Modify your hold and overdue notifications.
- Create personalized lists.
- Although the standard loan period is 21 days, loan periods may vary depending on the format and owning library.
- Be sure to check your check-out receipt to determine the due date for each item.
- Most materials can be renewed multiple times, provided there are no holds for those items.
- CPL and CLEVNET materials may be returned to any CPL branch or CLEVNET library. A complete list of CLEVNET libraries can be found at clevnet.org.
- Specialty materials, such as those borrowed through Interlibrary Loan, reference loans or TechCentral devices must be returned to the location specified when the material is checked out.
- Digital checkouts (eBooks and other eMedia) are returned automatically.
- After 28 days past due: You will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item(s) via email or postal mail. If you return the item(s), you own only the overdue fines. Overdue fines are generally less than $5.00 per item.
- After 70 days past due and $25.00 or more in fines/fees: Your account is referred to Unique Management Services (UMS), a library materials recovery agency. A non-refundable fee is added to your library account to cover the cost of the recovery service. UMS will contact you by mail and/or phone to resolve the account.
Read the complete Circulation Policy.
CPL is a member of CLEVNET.