The National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) is providing Humanware braille eReaders to OLBPD patrons using braille reading materials.
The NLS braille eReader by Humanware has a 20-cell braille display, eight-key Perkins-style keyboard, and can download electronic braille through BARD or transfer from cartridges sent through the mail.
If you are a braille reader and interested in receiving a NLS braille eReader, please contact OLBPD for more information.
NLS braille eReaders are free to OLBPD patrons.
To apply for OLBPD services, please visit the OLBPD Apply for Services or contact OLBPD for more information.
Learn how to Use the NLS eReader
Read the eReader HumanWare User Guide (docx)
- Physical Description
- What’s in the main menu?
- Power Management
- How to Pair the eReader with an iOS Device
- How to Transfer Books from External Media
- How to Connect to a Wireless Network
- How to Download Books from BARD
- Interacting with the Device
- How to Read a Book
- File Management
- How to Transfer Books from a Cartridge
- How to Get Help