Louis Stokes Wing
325 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Manager: Don Boozer
About the Department
Small business professionals, owners, investors, job-seekers, and researchers turn to the Business, Economics, and Labor department when they want answers. This department provides a wealth of information on topics including accounting, careers, currency, real estate, statistics, trade, stocks, and more.
Content Marketing 2016 Reading Suggestions
Cleveland is the place to be for Content Marketing in September! If you missed the Content Marketing Institute’s Content Marketing World Conference and Expo 2016 at the Huntington Convention Center earlier this month, check out this list of recent content marketing books. You can find these in the Business, Economics and Labor Department or just click on the title below to find the book in our catalog and to place a hold:
- Black Ops Advertising: Native Ads, Content Marketing and the Covert World of the Digital Sell by Mara Einstein
- Content Inc.: How entrepreneurs use content to build massive audiences and create radically successful businesses by Joe Pulizzi
- Content marketing made easy: Why you need it / How to do it by Susan Crossman
- Epic content marketing: How to tell a different story, break through the clutter, and win more customers by marketing less by Joe Pulizzi
- Global content marketing :how to create great content, reach more customers, and build a worldwide marketing strategy that works by Pam Didner
- Inside content marketing: EContent Magazine’s guide to roles, tools, and strategies for thriving in the age of brand journalism by Theresa Cramer
- Outside-in marketing: Using Big Data to guide your content marketing by James Matthewson
- Pilot to profit: Navigating modern entrepreneurship to build your business using online marketing, social media, content marketing and sales by Lisa Larter
- Valuable content marketing: How to make quality content your key to success by Sonja Jefferson
- Visual content marketing: Leveraging infographics, video, and interactive media to attract and engage customers by Stephen Gamble
The Business, Economics and Labor Collection
The Cleveland Public Library houses one of the country’s most extensive online collections of business directories and databases. These are typically premium subscription resources to which we purchase access on your behalf. These powerful research tools are free to valid cardholders. Some require a CPL library card, some a library card from a participating CLEVNET library, and for others you must come to the Library in person. Many resources can be accessed online. If you need assistance using these tools, please contact us.
- Careers: industry and company profiles, job descriptions, education and training requirements, wages, career guides.
- Entrepreneurship: How to start a business, demographics, market outlook, directories of suppliers and venture capitalists. Free programs for developing a business.
- Cleveland Company Profiles: Comprehensive collection of newspaper clippings, annual reports, and other materials on local businesses.
- Companies and Industries: Make well-informed business decisions with online databases, databases for in-library use only, and print resources.
- Foreign Trade: Directories and references for exporters, agents, distributors, wholesalers, and world banks.
- Labor and Management: Current and historical labor statistics, earnings, productivity. Human resources, business operations, and board relations are just some of the topics covered in the management collection.
- Personal Wealth: Live debt-free, learn how to budget or invest, and improve your credit rating.
- Transportation: Historical and current material on railroads, waterways, airlines, public transportation.