Your Library Card is valuable and enables you to
- Check out and place holds on materials from CPL and more than three dozen CLEVNET libraries
- Download eBooks from CPL’s extensive collection
- Computer access at the Library
- Download free music through MyTunes
- Take free online courses through Ed2Go, a CPL database
- Access Library databases anywhere using any web-enabled device…and MUCH more!
Protect your card
- Protect your library card as you would a credit card. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card. If your card is stolen, report it immediately.
- Keep your information current. Let us know when your address, phone number or email address change so you will receive notifications on time.
- Passwords will be the last four digits of your phone number or the month and day (MMDD) of birth unless you specified a different password.
- Passwords can contain letters and numbers and can be changed using your MyCLEVNET account.
- I forgot my password
Access Your MyCLEVNET Account Online
- Sign up for a NetNotice account to receive email reminders, including a weekly summary sent on the day of your choice, when it’s time to return or renew items you borrowed.
- NetNotice enables you to receive item pick-up notices by email or SMS text message (standard rates for your mobile phone carrier apply.)
- Access NetNotice through the toolbar in the library catalog.
Know the due date of your library materials
- Although the standard loan period is 21 days, loan periods vary depending on the format and owning library. Be sure to check your charge-out receipt to determine the due date for each item.
- As long as there are no holds placed on an item, most library materials can be renewed multiple times. You can easily renew materials using your online account. Staff are also glad to assist.
|3-hour Loan||MyCloud equipment|
|7-day Loan||Blu-Ray Discs, DVDs, Flip kits, Tech Toybox Equipment|
|21-day Loan||Audiobooks, books, CDs, comic books, DVD sets, magazines, Playaway devices|
Return of Materials
- CLEVNET material may be returned to any CLEVNET library. CPL is a member of the CLEVNET consortium, a group of libraries throughout NE Ohio that works together to share materials and resources. A complete list of CLEVNET libraries may be found at www.clevnet.org.
- Specialty materials, such as items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan or reference loans or TechCentral devices, must be returned to the location specified when the materials are checked out.
What happens when library materials are overdue
- After 28 days Past Due: You are sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item(s) via email or postal mail. Return item(s) and owe only overdue fines. Maximum overdue fines are generally under $5.00 per item.
- After 70 days Past Due: Your account is turned over to Unique Management Services (UMS), a library materials recovery agency, if your fines and/or fees are $25 or more. A nonrefundable referral fee is added to your library account to cover the cost of the recovery service. Unique Management Services will contact you through a series of letters and phone calls.
- After 190 days Past Due: Unique Management Services may report your overdue account to national credit bureaus, which may affect your credit rating for up to seven years.
- If your account has been referred to UMS by another CLEVNET library system, payments must be made to that library system.
This information is extracted from the Library’s Circulation Policy. You may choose to view the Circulation Policy in its entirety as passed by the Board of Library Trustees.