11900 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44108
Manager: Sharon Jefferson
Glenville Branch Library is located in the heart of the Glenville community. The first site for Glenville Branch was opened in 1909 as a Sub-Branch in the Village of Glenville’s old Town Hall. A new building to replace the town hall was built 1927 at 660 Parkwood. This second location was one of many CPL branch designs supplied by Cleveland architecture firm Walker & Weeks.
Today’s Glenville Branch was planned in 1978. The new building combined the Glenville and Arlington branches. Architect T.K. Zung, a native of Shanghai, China, designed the Glenville Branch. Mr. Zung also designed the Intramural Sports Center for Cleveland State University, an elongated geodesic dome. Glenville Branch Library was built of brick with terra cotta, and featured a paved terrace surrounded by terra cotta balustrade. These elements show the influence of the architecture of Northern Italy.
Glenville Branch staff members work in conjunction with our neighborhood churches, community organizations and schools. This branch serves as a communication link for our Councilman and the citizens of Ward 9.
Art at this location includes: Tonal Metal Art Sculpture, Harry Bertoia, brass, 1979, and Black Family of Man, Alan Purcell, wood, 1979.