Join the Friends of the Cleveland Public Library for the unique opportunity to view First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare, a national travelling exhibition organized by the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, DC and produced in association with the American Library Association and the Cincinnati Museum Center.
Cleveland Public Library is the exclusive host site in Ohio for Shakespeare’s First Folio – one of the most valuable printed books in the world. Be among the first guests to see this extraordinary exhibit while supporting the Friends of the Cleveland Public Library.
The event will take place on Friday, June 24, 2016 from 6:30 – 9:30 pm at the
Cleveland Public Library, 325 Superior Avenue E, Cleveland, OH 44114
Highlights of the evening include:
- Exclusive, guided viewing of the First Folio and the related exhibits
- Lecture and book signing by Andrea Mays, author of The Millionaire and the Bard, Henry Folger’s Obsessive Hunt for Shakespeare’s First Folio (courtesy of the English Speaking Union)
- A reading from a new work based on Twelfth Night by performers from Great Lakes Theater Company
- Heavy appetizers, wine, and beer
- Complimentary valet parking
Please RSVP by Friday June 17
Ticket prices: $65 Friends members; $75 nonmembers Tickets may be purchased online at http://tastecle.com/cpl
The event is sponsored by Medical Mutual, Mansour Gavin LPA, Margaret Wong & Associates, and Fifth Third Bank