The Folger Shakespeare Library has assembled an impressive collection of online curriculum, texts, and media for educators teaching Shakespeare.
- Folger Teaching Modules – created by teachers and curated by the Folger Shakespeare Library, find curriculum for Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Romeo and Juliet, the Sonnets and much more.
- Folger Digital Texts – downloadable plays and poems by William Shakespeare can be easily accessed for free online, including on mobile phones and tablets, and can be downloaded as PDFs.
- Folger Podcasts and Recordings – The Folger produces a range of podcasts and recordings that can help you explore Shakespeare and the Renaissance.
Teaching Workshop at CPL
- Cleveland Public Library will be having an all day workshop for High School Teachers interested in learning more about teaching Shakespeare in the Ohio classroom on July 29th at the Cleveland Digital Public Library. To register please contact the Cleveland Branch of the English Speaking Union (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Teacher Workshop Registration”or go to http://www.esuus.org/cleveland/ for more information.
First Folio Course at Cleveland State University
- English 399/599 is a special 1-credit course from Cleveland State University, designed to accompany this summer’s exhibition of Shakespeare’s First Folio. We will study what this first printed collection of Shakespeare’s plays can teach us about Shakespeare’s writing, Shakespeare’s theater, and Shakespeare’s life and reputation. The course is designed for all ages, from high school students to retirees, and for all levels of previous exposure to Shakespeare. The course meets Tuesdays from 6-8 pm, once a week from May 21 to July 1. For more information contact Professor James Marino (email@example.com) or go to http://www.csuohio.edu/enrollment-services/summer to enroll.
- Guided student group visits to the exhibit can be reserved. A librarian will take teacher and class through our Shakespeare exhibits.
- If you plan to bring students on your own for a self-guided visit, we can provide additional information to help you prepare and make the most of your time with the First Folio.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about guided or self-guided student group visits.