CLEVELAND, OH – There is nothing quite like Downtown Cleveland during the holiday season. Sparkling lights dotting Euclid Avenue, visits to The Twigbee Shop, Bruce the Talking Spruce, carriage rides, and Cleveland’s Annual Winterfest presented by Huntington Bank on Saturday, November 28th. Cleveland Public Library (CPL) has planned a full day of holiday fun this season for the whole family, starting at 10:00 a.m. The activities will take place at CPL’s Main Branch at 325 Superior Avenue from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Highlights of the Winterfest fun at CPL include:
# # #
Cleveland Public Library is the place for all Clevelanders to dream, create and grow. CPL serves four million patrons annually at 27 branches across the city, lending more than 6.5 million items from a collection of more than 10 million. CPL’s library services are also available at the Public Administration Library in City Hall, “The People’s University on Wheels” Bookmobile, Ohio Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled, and the On the Road to Reading literacy van. CPL is the home for the Ohio Center for the Book and CLEVNET library cooperation.
For more information about Cleveland Public Library, please visit cpl.org.
* Start your holiday shopping with the Friends’ Used Book Sale. Purchase a bag of books for only $6!
* Check out the incredible toy train displays in the toy train depot.
* Listen to the sounds of the season with beautiful bells by the River Valley Ringers Hand Bell Chorus
and music from the Holiday Tuba Ensemble
* Meet some of Santa’s reindeer helpers in our Reindeer Junction in the Eastman Reading Garden.
* View ice sculpture masterpieces in the ice sculpture station
* Enjoy readings of A Christmas Carol by costumed performers from Great Lakes Theater
* Take part in a family sing-along and create holiday card crafts
* Watch in awe as the Cleveland School of Ballet performs a special holiday performance
After a fun day at Main Library, plan on spending the evening in Downtown Cleveland as Mayor Frank
Jackson officially launches the holiday season with the Holiday Lighting Ceremony in PlayhouseSquare.
Winterfest is free and open to the public. For more information and full schedule of events, visit cpl.org.