The placement of this 8,300-square-foot branch at the heart of the Harvard-Lee intersection makes it convenient to obtain library materials and services. Recent renovations in 2002 enclosed an outside courtyard to create a computer room.
The first Harvard-Lee Branch opened in 1953 as a station in a leased space. The second location was in a newly built leased space in a shopping center. After Cleveland voters approved the 1975 operating levy, Harvard-Lee was one of eleven branch construction and remodeling projects initiated by the Library.
The current Harvard-Lee Branch was dedicated in 1979. Clerestory windows maximize the interior wall space for shelving arrangements. Entry from Harvard Avenue provides direct access to the meeting room for community programs.
This branch is located in the Lee-Harvard shopping plaza. Although the branch has limited parking, the plaza parking is available to patrons.